Monday, July 23, 2012

Chelsea would have been a very interesting option, says Schurrle

The Premier League side showed an interest in signing the Germany international earlier this summer, and the attacker may have been willing to move to Stamford BridgeThe Premier League side showed an interest in signing the Germany international earlier this summer, and the attacker may have been willing to move to Stamford Bridge



The Premier League side had a €25 million offer for the Germany international rejected by Bayer, but the 21-year-old feels the Champions League holders would have been a good option for him.
"Chelsea's interest was really concrete. They would have been a very interesting option for me," Schurrle stated to Kicker.

"I understand Leverkusen's decision not to let go of me, though.

"However, there were a few things that annoyed me. I didn't like that the entire thing was out in the open with all the details. 

"I don't understand why the club went public like that. It didn't do anybody any good. I would have liked a bit more discretion and protection from Bayer."

Schurrle has a contract with Leverkusen until June 2016.

0 comments:

Post a Comment